Saturday, November 3, 2012

Getting Rid Of The Old and Beginning With The New

Guess what?

Guess....

I got rid of my teacher desk. 

Yes.

I know.  I know.  I busted my butt  for 4 years to earn that desk.  And then I tossed it.

Yep.

I did it!

Mr. Shawn (our wonderful custodian) hauled it away under one condition:  I could never ask to have it back. 

It's a done deal. 

Now we have space for something way cooler than a teacher desk!



I have two super cute over sized chairs at home that no one uses.
So,   I announced to my hubby that I was taking one of "my" chairs to school.
(The other one will make it eventually!)

I can't wait to get it there!  I want to create a super cozy reading nook-coffee house style. ;)
It will be so nice to have a comfy place for me the kids to sit and grade papers read.   




My firsties and I have set out on our very first writer's workshop! (Let's Write About It: Halloween)

I know, I know, I really should have gone ahead and started with Thanksgiving!

I'm doing the best I can! ;)

It has been FABULOUS!
We've made it through our brainstorming bubble map and idea organizer.
Monday we begin our rough draft!
I hope by Friday that our final drafts are complete.

Then I'll give them some time off before we tackle Thanksgiving.

The kids are so excited about writing like "big kids."

I'll post pics of our finished product ASAP!

Meanwhile I have more goodies to share! Check it all out at my TPT Store!


4 comments:

  1. Your Punctuation Invasion is adorable! =)

    I have never had a teacher desk and think it is pretty great without one. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my blog post to see more about it!

    Dawn
    Adventures in First with Mrs. Key

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had a desk in my 1st grade classroom and absolutely love it! :-)

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave Some Love!
Thank you for your comments! I read and relish each one!